.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A page from my stamp album - Czechoslovakia - Page 2

Czechoslovakia was the name of a country that exisited on world map since 1918. It was initially part of the greater Austro-Hungarian Empire, but later in 1918 after the WW-I, it declared independence and became a sovereign state. The country since then had gone under difficult times of its history. During the period of the WW-II (1939-45), it bore the wrath of the German invasion and was partially incorporated into the then Germany.

After the WW-II, a apart of the Czechoslovakia (to be more precise the eastern part of Carpathian Ruthenia) was taken over by then USSR, while the remaining country continued to be a severing country once again.
Stamps of Czechoslovakia: A page from my stamp album
Since the country mainly consisted of two major parts, i.e. Cesko and Slovensko, the two could not co-exist as one country for long since both were culturally and economically at par with each other. Therefore, after long misunderstandings and bitterness, on January 1, 1993, Czechoslovakia finally split into two independent states: the Czech Republic and Slovakia.


-->


My collection of Czechoslovakia is of the times when the country as Czechoslovakia was intact. I have already shared the first page of my stamp collection of Czechoslovakia. Here is the second page with all its beautiful stamps that I collected from a period from 1966-1975.

Related Reading: A page from my stamp album - Czechoslovakia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More